A Whirlpool built kenmore.
When I start the washer I get either a F3 or a F4 error code
F3 LID SWITCH FAILURE
“F3” flashes and cycle signal beeps if the lid was NOT opened after the
cycle was completed. The electronic board must detect that ST OP/
CANCEL was pressed during a cycle or the lid was opened at least once
at the end of any cycle. This is continually tested to ensure proper lid
switch operation. If “F3” is flashing, check continuity of the lid switch.
– With the lid closed, lid switch contacts should be closed.
– With the lid open, lid switch contacts should be open.
– If the lid switch is failed, replace it.
– If the lid switch is good, replace the control board.
NOTE: Beeper will sound continuously while error code is flashing.
F4 RECIRCULATE PRESSURE SWITCH FAILURE
“F4” flashes and the cycle signal beeps when the recirculate pressure
switch is not working properly during the Catalyst, W ash or Soak cycle.
If “F4” is flashing, check the following:
– Plugged recirculate hose (black hose).
– Plugged or disconnected air tube (clear tube).
– Wires to the recirculate pressure switch disconnected or not
– Failed recirculate pressure switch. Switch (black wire, tan wire)
contacts should be open with pressure applied and closed with
NOTE: Beeper will sound continuously while error code is flashing
Hope this helps,